Dr. John G. Delinasios - SHORT CURRICULUM VITAE
|Name:||DELINASIOS John George|
|Date of Birth:||August 19, 1948|
|Place of Birth:||Kavala, Greece|
|Marital Status:||Married, two children|
|Professional address:|| International Institute of Anticancer Research|
1st km Kapandritiou- Kalamou Road
P.O Box 22, Kapandriti, GR- 19014 Attiki, Greece
|Telephone & Fax:||0030-22950-53389|
Studies and Employment Record:
- 1966-1971: M. Pharm. with honors in Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Athens, School of Pharmacy
- September 1971- May 1974: Ph.D. in Biochemistry, University of Manchester, Department of Biochemistry
- 1974-1975: Military service
- 1977-1978: Research fellow of the American Cancer Society, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Institute for Cancer Research, New York, U.S.A.
- 1976-1977, 1978-1988: Associate researcher, Hellenic Anticancer Institute, Department of Virology
- Editor and Executive Publisher of the journals Anticancer Research, 1981 - date and IN VIVO, 1987 - date.
- Founder and Director of the International Institute of Anticancer Research, 1990 - date.
- Member of the Scientific Advisory Board of the Institute for Cancer Research, University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth, TX, USA, 2000 - date
- Managing Editor of the journal CANCER GENOMICS & PROTEOMCS, 2004 - date.
* 51 papers in international journals or books (1973-1988).
Organizer of the International Conferences of Anticancer Research:
- October 1985: Loutraki, Greece
- October 1988: Saronis, Greece
- October 1990: Marathon, Greece
- October 1992: Crete, Greece
- October 1995: Corfu, Greece
- October 1998: Chalkidiki, Greece
- May-June 2001: Athens, Greece
- October 2004, Corfu, Greece
- October 2008, Kos, Greece
Cell-cell interactions, stromal cells, drug resistance, in vitro evaluation of anticancer agents, mechanisms of invasion and metastasis.